Well Wheeled


De Gournay covered bike 

I am still mourning the theft of my bike, that was locked to a railing on the boardwalk at the New Jersey Shore, 4th of July weekend.  I miss riding along the coast, the wind in my frizzy hair.  So, I am biting the bullet and buying another.  I did not realize how fashionable the bicycle has become.  Designers are really jumping on the growing biking craze, and I'm never one to miss out on a good craze.


This $3,500.00 Gucci number was red hot and sold out overseas.  Specially designed for the Beijing Olympics, the Dutch styled bike was only available in China and Hong Kong, so let's keep looking.





This image doesn't even require words.  Only 50 "bicylettes" were created.  The detachable classic Chanel make up case and bag, included in the $17,000.00 price tag created a frenzy and I 'm sure they were sold out en quelques minutes.





Ahh, Hermes ~ their lacquered signature orange cruiser is less than a Birkin bag.  It seems like a bargain when you look at it like that.  For $4,000.00 you can have a little piece of The House of Hermes.






The Abici Amante Donna Bike from Fendi gives you 2 options.  For those who don't want to spend $9,000.00 for the tricked out version with the fur saddlebags and make up case, for touch ups on the go - you can settle for the $5,000.00 stripped down bike; still a beauty!




If we must get our head out of the clouds and our feet back on the ground, other good options abound.
Count on Cynthia Rowley to design a fashion forward, functional bike (she does everything else!).  The subtle floral pattern and $500.00 price tag would attract any fashionista.





Elie Tahari threw his hat into the ring and designed a bicyle also.  Named after the street his store is on in the Hampton's, the $900.00 Main St. Elite also comes in leopard.  Hmm, I do have a leopard golf bag.








I love the look of this sweet ride by Urban Outfitters.  Totally customizable and a bargain at $399.99,  this could be the one.  Now, I just need a cute basket, a bell, a new lock and a pouch.  It's all in the details!






Oh, and I can't forget the helmet.  Seriously ~ these are helmets, but the fabric is a little weighty for the summer.  I need more of a straw fedora helmet.


Yakkay


Does this airbag helmet make me look fat?

The Hovding 


Speaking of Bikes ~ Check out more fabulous designers jumping on the bike wagon during New York Fashion Week.  In what is being called Tour de Fashion, designers will trick out bikes, and they will be available for use during Fashion Week.


bike photos:Treehugger.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO