The Mountains are Calling

Atelier AM

While I am cold weary in the Northeast, the mountains of the west feel oh so right.  Funny, I need to go to the Rockies to get "warmed up."  The crisp, fresh air, the smell of burning balsam wood, thinking about the majestic beauty of the snow peaked mountains meeting the blue sky makes me weak in the knees.  When I look at photos of ski chalets I have a visceral reaction.  I have been avoiding it because I wasn't ready to get "too excited," but the time has come.




I'm ready... get set...go




McAlpine, Booth & Ferrier

Nicky Dobree




I love hunkering down amongst all the mountain majesty!  You want to make a design statement while also taking advantage of the surrounding beauty, all the while cocooning yourself in coziness.


Pearson Design Group



John Maniscalco

 What feels right, right now, is the melange of materials that express a western and modern aesthetic. Mountain Homes are not all deer antlers and hand hewn wood (not that there's anything wrong with that), but in my book mountain homes DO most definitely involve roaring fires and fur.


JH Todd Interiors


Knudson Interiors


Pearson Design Group



Pearson Design Group


Centre Sky Architecture




Be still my heart ~~ GONE SKIING




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO