Kudos for The Serene Salon



In 2008 I did a Show House room benefitting the Pennsylvania SPCA, called DogHaus (cute, right).
 I had just returned from a trip to Turkey where I was so inspired, I knew, I somehow wanted to incorporate that into my design.  I obviously did it thru shapes and textiles.  My room was called  The Serene Salon. I wanted to do a classic sitting area.  I chose a small room on the 3rd floor.  The house was built in the late 1800's and I wanted to respect the architecture and overall feeling, so I kept the original wood floors and windows ( I polished them up a bit) and juxtaposed the old world elements with a a few contemporary pieces like the glass waterfall table, chandelier and floral painting by local artist Tony LaSalle.   The ceiling is high gloss pink which matched the ikat pillows by Madeline Weinrib.   It was a wonderful experience!   The commraderie between the designers was the best part and in the end my little Serene Salon was accepted by Schiffer publishing into their book, ShowHouses 2, which was just released.  I am proud of myself and would do it again in a heartbeat!

This is the other side of the room that is not in the book



A few details
There were gold paillettes on the silk romans

I added a water bar and ethnic accessories to the console table which was a gorgeous 18th C. antique



If you love seeing beautiful show house rooms as much as I do, from the comfort of your couch, pick up the book at Amazon.com

2 comments:

  1. Love the variety of treatments that you found! They can really change the whole feel of a room. I featured your blog at stylesson.com today.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO