Gnomeo, Gnomeo...



While partying with the Travelocity gnome, he was in town on a PR mission and showed up at a club after a day of skiing **(literally, on skis, see below), I was struck my unexpected attraction to this funny little man.  Do I need a likeness in my home?  While pondering this question, I noticed there is a movie coming out starring a similar character.  That sealed the deal- gnomes are IN!  I don't want any "garden variety" gnome; he must be cute and fashion forward.  Here are the contenders; what do you think?

Philippe Starck for Kartell is really what I have in mind,







Gnomes work equally as well in a traditional space as they do in a contemporary one; the same holds true for a kids room vs. a living room, outdoors or in.  I never realized how practical he can be.









Myron Wolman via Kravet


The little fella's back is to us on the  rocks


A giant sculpture perhaps?  I could see one in a clean, contemporary space.


A lamp might be a consideration,  or not
Jukka Hakanen


What do you think?  Kitschy or cute?

**gnome skiing

Photos: decorator.net, ohdeedoh, flickr, unicahome, designweek,co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO